Want to be more sustainable when you shop?
Buying secondhand is a great way to be more green, and there are sooo many benefits:
- You save money — who doesn’t love that?
- You get to go on a treasure hunt — it’s fun!
- You’re helping the environment in so many ways!
- You’re helping others — whether it’s your neighbor at a garage sale or a charity, it’s good to do good!
- You can find your inner diva — it’s an easy way to experiment with style
- You can stand out — it’s a great way to find unique items
Next time you need new pants or a blouse, consider buying secondhand as an option.
And before throwing out clothing (or any item) you no longer want, be sure to give it away (try Buy Nothing groups), donate it, repurpose it (old t-shirt = unpaper towel, yo), or sell it (garage sale, Poshmark).
I just started selling on Poshmark: