Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award
The Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award is an unofficial award where bloggers recognize other bloggers for their work. Many people may scoff at this, but I see it as a high compliment. It’s really nice to be recognized. Blogging is not as easy as it seems, so I really appreciate the support, inspiration, and kind words from the blogging community.
A big thank you goes out to Smelly Socks and Garden Peas for nominating me for this award. You can read her nomination article here. Her blog discusses daily life in a pragmatic and humorous way. I also love that she writes some of her posts in easy-to-understand French (I need all the practice I can get!).
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
- Notify your nominees by visiting and commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award ” logo.
- Provide the link to the award creator: Rising Star from Ideal Inspiration.
Q & A
Kit answers Smell’s questions:
Q: What one thing would you stop your significant other from doing if you could just switch it off with no argument or consequences? (or as the boys put it “don’t you wish Daddy would stop snoring?”)
A: There aren’t too many things I’d change, but I really have to go with snoring. Well, that and taking the covers. Those boys are spot on!
Q: What’s your favourite sport to watch or participate in?
A: Hmm. Does hiking and yoga count?
I’m not a big sports fan. I always enjoyed watching my kids play soccer, though.
Q: Who’s blog would you love to do a guest post for?
A: This is such a tough question. I read so many good travel blogs. I don’t think I can pick one. Maybe because I’ve never done a guest post before? I have done some collaboration posts about flowers in the western US, swimming holes in North America, and a Thailand bucket list), but never a guest post. I don’t think I’m ready for that, lol.
Q: What’s your favourite movie of the 1990s?
A: At first, I thought this was going to be an easy question to answer, but scrolling through lists of 90s movies proved otherwise. There are so many good films from the 90s!
I can safely say that my favorite blockbuster was Titanic. The love story is heartbreaking, the Edwardian clothes are phenomenal, and while the story is fiction, it’s intertwined with an historic tragedy. If I remember right, my husband and I got to see this film in the theater on our first “date” after our daughter was born.
My favorite drama: Schindler’s List. It gives one hope for humanity.
My favorite comedy: Groundhog Day. Hilarious and thought provoking at the same time.
My favorite “bad” movie: Shining Through. It’s a great romance with a lovely soundtrack. I don’t care what other people say about it!
Clearly, I’m a romantic at heart.
Q: If you could be any Pokemon, which would it be? (sorry about this one, they insisted)?
A: I love this question! I have to admit that my son talked me into playing Pokemon Go when it first came out. The two of us were in France at the time and had a lot of fun with it.
I would be Dragonite. Since this Pokemon flies faster than the speed of sound, I could travel long distances quickly–perfect for my wanderlust. Plus Dragonite is kindhearted.
These ladies are all inspirations to me. Please check out their blogs and socials–show ’em some love.
- Kat at Casually Coastal. She’s so creative. Her Instagram feed is dreamy, and she’s eco-conscious, too.
- JoJo at JoJo’s Cup of Mocha because I love her “get up and go” attitude and passion for traveling. You can also find her on Twitter.
- Meru at heymeru. She combines culture, food, and travel like nobody’s business. I love her food photos on Twitter.
- Andrea at A Capone Connection because I like her style and sense of community. She has a fun Instagram feed as well.
- Chirasree at Travel Realizations because her writing is so inspirational, thoughtful, and insightful. Check out her Twitter feed also.
1. Being kind to our planet is more important than ever. What is one change (big or small) that you have made to be more eco-friendly?
2. What is the best benefit of travel?
3. What inspired you to start a blog?
4. If you had to live one day of your life over and over (think Groundhog Day), what and where would it be?
5. What was your favorite toy when you were growing up and why?
Until next time…